Thursday, September 8, 2011

Party like a Rockstar

If there’s one thing we’ve learned about James in the past year it’s how much he truly enjoys life.  I know it sounds corny but I’ve been staring at a blank screen for just under an hour attempting to explain it in some “cool mom” kind of way but I can’t – he finds fascination with every day and greets every morning just as enthusiastically as the one before – so there - Corny or not James just flat out enjoys life. 







So when it came to celebrating his birthday – his life – I knew I couldn’t sit back and downplay the awesome little boy he’s grown to be in such a short time.  I had to do it right.  I had to throw a party JAMES STYLE!!

His Mickey Mouse  Clubhouse Party included Mickey themed foods.
(Oreo Balls with M&Ms for "ears", Mickey Mouse shaped cookies, and a watermelon fruit basket shaped like Mickey)

My personal favorites were the life-size (life-size for James) Disney characters.  We put Mickey in James room after the party and he grins form ear to ear every morning when he sees it




Eddie and Nash

 
So, we go big.  I gave my best effort to try to reunite with my creative side.  And after several trips to Michaels, one Amazon purchase, a few nights that stretched into the wee hours of the morning, a lot of help from friends and family, James had an absolutely amazing birthday party that was just his style.  Our house was filled with people and noise and laughter and total craziness.  At the end of the day it was all worth it.  Every hour of tying ribbon around invitations, every Mickey Mouse shaped snack, every drink spilled and every stain from black icing – all worth it. 

I strategically gave James his cake the put the Mickey ears on...He never even noticed.

















I took a quick moment to take it all in somewhere between eating cheeseburgers and singing Happy Birthday and Iooking around at the tremendous amount of happiness in the room and knowing that all of this not only celebrates the happiness James brings to us but the happiness all of our friends and family bring to James.

James and Poppie (my grandfather)


James and Grandmama


James and G-Daddy


Hanging out with Grandmama and Granna

If I could do it over again I would nix the LIFE-SIZE Mickey balloon...It's pretty scary when you wake up at 2AM to get some water and it's there to "greet" you! 


Wesley, James and Zachary

Maybe I should have sent LIFE-SIZE Mickey home with Wesley and Lauren
And though next year may prove to be less than climatic because the house won’t be at risk for floating away with a million balloons attached, we’ll still celebrate our hearts out.  Reinforcing the I’m so glad you’re here celebratory inauguration of another year – another trip around the Sun.




No comments:

Post a Comment